All parks, court, playgrounds, and restrooms are open from sunrise to sunset, subject to the following use restrictions:
- No groups of 10 or more individuals unless appropriate social distancing separates them.
- Social distancing requirements do not apply to members of the same family or household
- Masks are required.
Homestead Parks & Recreation Staff will be on site to enforce social distancing protocols within the park and prevent any unauthorized uses. Reservations for community center and pavilion facilities will be accepted.
The following facilities are open to the public: City Hall, Community Redevelopment Agency, Development Services, Parks & Recreation, and the Solid Waste Drop Site. The Drop Site is open 8am – 4pm Monday – Saturday and 8am – 12pm Sundays. All other facilities will be open 8am – 5pm Monday - Friday. Residents are still encouraged to conduct business online or over the phone if possible by visiting www.cityofhomestead.com or calling 305-224-4400.
To allow for continued efficient processing of online permit submissions Development Services will be operating with modified in-person service hours as follows:
- Building Permit Walk-In Service Hours: 8am – 12pm Monday - Friday
- Building Inspector Office Hours – 8am – 8:30am Monday - Friday
- Zoning Questions Walk-In Hours – Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 8am – 10am
- Planning Information meetings are by appointment and can be scheduled by calling 305-224-4529
- Business Licensing meetings are by appointment and can be scheduled by calling 305-224-4504
- Central Collections will close at 4pm daily
All visitors will be required to obey COVID-19 precautions when visiting City facilities such as social distancing and interior capacity limits. Masks for customers are required for entry to City facilities.