On November 3, 2014, the Customer Service Department at Homestead Public Services (HPS) is launching a new and improved Online Bill Pay system! With paperless billing rapidly becoming the option of choice for many, this new system provides added conveniences for customers to pay their utility bill which covers water, electricity and sanitation services. The new system offers some of the following updates and benefits:
• Customers can login and pay bills from anywhere in the world• Account updated immediately with payment
• Cross-platform compatible with all internet browsers – including Apple devices• No processing fee
• Make easy one-time payments without registering – great for making payments for parents or family members• Avoid long lines at payment centers or call-waiting on the telephone
Customers can go online and register at www.cityofhomestead.com/billpay www.cityofhomestead.com/billpay by following the instructions on the site. There are also tutorial videos in English, Spanish, and Kreyo`l that walk the customer through the process of creating a new account. Even if customers are already registered under the existing online bill pay system, they must re-register their account as the old system will become obsolete at the end of October.
To kick-off the launch, the Customer Service Department invites the public to attend “Bill Pay Day,” a special event on Saturday, November 8 from 10:00 am to 4:00pm at the Community Center on 1601 N. Krome Avenue. Bill Pay Day is a unique opportunity for customers to:
• Have all their bill-related questions answered• Go paperless and register for the new Online Bill Pay System
• Learn about other ways to pay their bill• Get information on financial assistance for those who qualify from a variety of community organizations
“Events like Bill Pay Day can be very important to customers, especially for those who are economically disadvantaged and unsure about the options available to them,” said Katherine Demeritte, Customer Service Department Director. “Community-based initiatives, like Bill Pay Day, is another distinguishing benefit of having municipal utilities, where you’re not just a customer – you’re a neighbor!”
While the new online bill pay system offers the most convenient method of bill payment, alternative payment options are still available, including:
• Via phone at (305) 224-4444• Via mail with a check or money order to: City of Homestead, P.O. Box 31576, Tampa, FL 33631
• Via check or money order in lock boxes located at the Customer Service Department at 711 NE 1st Road, Homestead, FL
For media inquiries, please contact the City of Homestead Public Information Office by phone at (305) 224-4435 or by email at BCazalis@cityofhomestead.com.