WHAT: Homestead National Parks Trolley Special Holiday Service
WHEN: December 26, 2023—December 31, 2023
WHERE: Homestead Station, 4 South Krome Avenue, Homestead, Florida 33030
As the holiday season approaches, Homestead gears up to celebrate with a special treat for locals and visitors alike. The City of Homestead proudly announces the return of its acclaimed Homestead National Parks Trolley for a Special Holiday Service from December 26 to December 31, 2023.
Embracing the spirit of togetherness and the joy of exploration, this festive offering extends beyond the regular schedule, inviting everyone to experience the beauty of the National Parks during this enchanting time. The free Homestead National Parks Trolley will operate daily during this period, complementing its usual weekend schedule from January 6 to March 31, 2024.
Free Transportation, Guided Tours, and Park Admission
Trolley riders are in for a treat with complimentary transportation, guided tours, and admission to three remarkable locations: Everglades National Park, Biscayne National Park, and Homestead Bayfront Park.
Convenient Boarding Points
Passengers can board the trolley at two convenient locations:
- Homestead Station in Downtown Homestead, situated at 4 South Krome Avenue, Homestead, Florida.
- Marriott Hotels complex, located on Campbell Drive just east of Exit 2 of Florida’s Turnpike.
- Start or conclude your journey in Downtown Homestead, offering an array of experiences for visitors. From enjoying performances at the Seminole Theatre to savoring local delicacies at restaurants or taking leisurely strolls in the scenic Losner Park, there's something for everyone. Additionally, visitors can explore the cutting-edge Cybrarium, a multi-lingual public library, or indulge in entertainment at EVO Entertainment Homestead, featuring the latest movie blockbusters alongside a bowling alley and modern arcade.
Enchanting Destinations and Activities
The Trolley route includes stops at:
- Everglades National Park’s Ernest F. Coe Visitor Center, granting access to the iconic Anhinga Trail. To learn more about the park and to see some its more elusive species, visitors can choose to participate in ranger-led activities. On the return journey, a stopover at the renowned fruit stand, Robert Is Here, offers signature milkshakes and a unique array of fruits.
- Biscayne National Park’s Dante Fascell Visitor Center and boardwalk, presenting the opportunity to embark on the Island Boat Tour on select dates Thursday - Sunday at 10:00 am or 1:30 pm. The Trolley also stops at Miami-Dade County’s Homestead Bayfront Park where visitors may swim at the atoll beach.
Collaboration and Support
This cherished trolley program is the result of a collaborative effort between the National Park Service and the City of Homestead, generously supported and partnered with The Everglades Foundation. The Everglades Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to restoring and safeguarding America’s Everglades through science, advocacy, and education, is a proud sponsor of this initiative.
For tour reservations on the Homestead National Parks Holiday Trolley and further information, please visit www.cityofhomestead.com/gateway.
Join us on this enchanting journey through nature's wonders and celebrate the holiday season immersed in the beauty of Homestead's National Parks!