The City of Homestead is currently monitoring Potential Tropical Cyclone One and encourages all Homestead residents to check their hurricane plans. It is too early to know the exact impacts for South Florida, but tropical storm warnings and flood watch are in effect for South Florida over the weekend.
HPS Sanitation is currently following the normal solid waste pickup schedule but will pause if tropical force winds are in effect so please plan accordingly. If there is an interruption, services will be provided on the next scheduled pickup. There are no planned additional bulky waste pickups outside of the normal solid waste schedule. Residents are reminded not to place items out for pickup if they do not have a regularly scheduled bulky waste pickup.
Below are the following closures and important updates:
• City of Homestead Parks and facilities will close today June 3rd at 4PM and will be closed Saturday, June 4th. Sunday June 5th openings will be determined pending the weather and damage.
• COVID Testing and Vaccination site at Harris Field will close today June 3rd at 2PM and will remain closed on Saturday, June 4th. Sunday, June 5th openings will be determined pending the weather and damage.
• The Solid Waste Drop site will close on Saturday June 4th and Sunday June 5th.
• Homestead Trolley will remain operational Friday June 3rd but will cease operations if tropical force winds are in effect. The trolley will NOT be operating on Saturday, June 4th. Sunday, June 5th operations are pending, depending on the weather.
• There is a sandbag distribution at the Homestead Sports Complex located at 1601 SE 28th Ave, Homestead, FL 33035 on a first come first serve basis starting Friday, June 3rd, 2022 from 11am to 4pm, weather permitting, or until supplies last. Residents must show an ID or bill proving they are a City of Homestead resident and there will be a limit of 10 bags per vehicle.