Beginning Monday, March 29, 2021, all individuals age 40 and older will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Beginning the following Monday, April 5, 2021 all individuals age 18 and older will be eligible to receive the vaccine. In addition, the following individuals of any age are currently eligible:
- Long-term care facility residents and staff
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact
- K-12 school employees
- Sworn law enforcement officers
- Persons determined by a physician to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19. Such physician determinations shall include a statement that the patient meets the defined eligibility criteria established by a form prescribed by the Florida Department of Health.
Please note that individuals must provide identification proving Florida residency. If an individual does not have a valid State of Florida ID or driver’s license, they will need to provide two of the following documents as proof they live in Florida:
- A deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental or lease agreement
- A utility hookup or work order dated within 60 days
- A utility bill, not more than 2 months old
- Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings or investment account statements, not more than 2 months old
- Mail from a federal, state, county or municipal government agency, not more than 2 months old
Vaccination appointments, including those for the Homestead Sports Complex site, located at 1601 SE 28th Avenue, Homestead, FL 33035, are available through a scheduling tool operated by Miami-Dade County at miamidade.gov/vaccine. To register for the vaccine in Miami-Dade via phone, dial 888-499-0840/ TTY 888-256-8918. The State of Florida vaccine program for homebound seniors, which also allows for caregivers to be vaccinated, can be scheduled via email at Homeboundvaccine@em.myflorida.com or via phone at (833) 540-2065.
If the vaccine being offered requires a second dose, individuals will be scheduled for their second dose at the time of first vaccination. After receiving the vaccine, individuals will be required to remain seated for 15-30 minutes for medical monitoring.