Beginning Wednesday, June 10, 2020, all City of Homestead Dog Parks will reopen. Dogs must remain leashed at all times and each Dog Park will be limited to a maximum capacity of 10 people. All Dog Park visitors must maintain six-foot social distancing and wear a face covering. In addition, the City of Homestead’s JD Redd Park, located at 550 N Homestead Blvd., Homestead, FL 33030, will be open 7am to 8pm for passive uses such as open space picnics, recreational passing and catching in open areas, walking, jogging, biking, or rollerblading. Singles and Doubles tennis and racquetball play will also be allowed.
The following parks are already open from 7am to 8pm for passive use:
- Blakey Park, 600 SW 14th Avenue, Homestead, FL 33030
- Audubon Park, South Audubon Drive, Homestead, FL 33035 (Tennis Location)
- Mayor Roscoe Warren Municipal Park, 1400 East Palm Drive, Homestead, FL 33035 (Dog Park Location)
- James Archer Smith Park, 300 NW 12th Street, Homestead, FL 33030 (Dog Park Location)
- Homestead Sports Complex, 1061 SE 28th Avenue, Homestead, FL 33035
For additional information on COVID-19 in Homestead, visit www.cityofhomestead.com/coronavirus. In addition, residents can call the City’s Coronavirus Hotline 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday at 305-224-4438 or send questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.