City of Homestead Staff is continuing to monitor the developing situation surrounding COVID-19. Staff is in contact with Miami-Dade County, the State of Florida, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other agencies following the latest guidance.
In the interest of public safety, the following measures have been implemented:
- All City Facilities, except the Police Department, are closed to the public. This includes all City Parks, City Hall, Development Services, and the Solid Waste Drop Site. City Business such as permit applications and bill payments can be conducted online or over the phone. Visit www.cityofhomestead.com or call 305-224-4400 for more information.
- All events hosted at City facilities have been canceled or postponed through April 15, 2020.
- The Homestead National Parks Trolley service has been suspended until further notice.
- The Seminole Theatre has suspended all events and performances through April 15, 2020.
- The City will be following the guidance of Miami Dade County Public Schools on their extracurricular and sports policy. As such, the Police Athletic League (PAL) Gym and Roby George Park Pool are closed and all youth sports leagues and PAL afterschool programming have been suspended through April 15, 2020.
- As of 9:00pm Thursday, March 19, 2020 all non-essential businesses have been ordered to close. Pharmacies, gas stations, and grocery stores will operate as normal. Restaurant kitchens may remain open for takeout and delivery only.
City services such as Water, Electric, and Sanitation including garbage pickups are running as normally scheduled and Homestead Public Services has issued accommodations for residents and businesses affected by the emergency orders issued by Miami-Dade County. This includes the suspension of non-payment shut-offs and a waiver of late fees.
Those who think they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should call the Florida Department of Health Hotline at 1-866-779-6121. Additional information regarding COVID-19 may be found at www.cityofhomestead.com/coronavirus or www.flhealth.gov.