City of Homestead Staff is continuing to monitor the developing situation surrounding COVID-19 and has implemented deep cleans and sanitization protocols at all City Facilities in the interest of protecting residents and employees. Staff is in contact with Miami-Dade County, the State of Florida, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other agencies following the latest guidance.
In the interest of public safety, the following measures have been implemented:
- Senior programming and all member access at the William F. Dickinson Community Center is suspended through April 15, 2020.
- All events hosted at City facilities with an anticipated attendance of over 50 people will be canceled or postponed through April 15, 2020.
- The Seminole Theatre has suspended all events and performances through April 15, 2020.
- The Phichol Williams and William F. Dickinson Community Centers closed on March 16, 2020 for deep cleaning, but will re-open on March 17, 2020 for voting and elections activities.
- The City will be following the guidance of Miami Dade County Public Schools on their extracurricular and sports policy. As such, the Police Athletic League (PAL) Gym and Roby George Park Pool are closed and all youth sports leagues and PAL afterschool programming have been suspended through March 29, 2020.
- All bars and dine-in restaurants are to close by 11pm
- All bars, restaurants, and movie theaters are to operate at 50% occupancy up to 250 people.
Please note that pharmacies, gas stations, and grocery stores will operate as normal so there is no need to hoard supplies.
City Officials are also urging residents to follow the guidance of the CDC on everyday preventive measures like:
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throwing it in the trash.
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%-95% alcohol.
- Routinely cleaning frequently touched surfaces and objects like doorknobs.
Those who think they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should call the Florida Department of Health Hotline at 1-866-779-6121. Additional information regarding COVID-19 may be found at www.cityofhomestead.com/coronavirus.