- City Departments
- Customer Service | HPS
- HPS Departments
- HPS Energy | Electric Services
- Report an Outage
- Report a Street Light Problem
Report a Street Light Problem
Street lights in Homestead are managed by multiple entities, depending on location and type of roadway. The groups responsible for street lighting ownership and maintenance include Homestead Public Services (HPS) Energy, Florida Power and Light (FPL), HOAs, and Miami-Dade County (MDC). If you would like to report a street light problem, please see the interactive GIS map links below to help locate and identify a street light. Once a street light is identified, you can see which agency manages the street light and report problems to the correct agency. For information on how to report street light problems to the correct agency, please see the contact information below.
Please see the interactive GIS maps below to help locate and identify a street light.
Click here for HPS & HOA Lights
Click here for FPL Street Light area
For more information on each agency, please see below:
- Florida Power and Light (FPL)
- Click here to view the map of the FPL street lights area
- To report a problem with a FPL street light:
- Call: 1-800-4-OUTAGE (1-800-468-8243)
- Click here for FPL website
- Homestead Public Services (HPS) Energy
- Click here to view the map of HPS street lights
- To report a problem with a HPS street light:
- Call: Toll Free (855) 211-2062
- Click here for Fix It! Homestead
- Miami-Dade County (MDC)
- The Traffic Signals and Signs Division (TS&S) of the Miami-Dade County Department of Transportation and Public Works (DTPW) is responsible for operating and maintaining street lighting on the County’s arterial street network. TS&S operates and maintains approximately 27,000 streetlights on Miami-Dade County roads.
- Click here to see which street lights are maintained by MDC
- To report a problem with a MDC street light:
- Call: 786-469-5675 or 311
- Click here for the MDC Website
- Email: email@example.com
- Homeowners Association (HOA)
- Private gated communities are usually maintained by HOAs.
- Click here to view the map of HOA owned street lights in the HPS territory
- For HOAs in the FPL area (south of SW 8th St/Lucy St/SW 328th St), contact your HOA to determine if street light ownership is under the HOA or FPL
- To report a problem with a HOA street light please contact your HOA directly.
- Special Taxing District (maintained by Miami-Dade County)
- Click here to see which street lights are maintained by Special Taxing Districts
- You can also look on the Miami-Dade Property Appraiser (property search) to find out which Special Taxing District you are in and the phone number.
- Click here to go to the Property Search website
- Enter your address in the search box
- Scroll down to “Additional Information” (other governmental jurisdictions)
- Click on “Special Taxing District and Other Non-Ad valorem Assessment”
- To report a problem with a Special Taxing District street light:
- Call the number found on the “Special Taxing District and Other Non-Ad valorem Assessment” (steps to locate the number are listed above)