As of Wednesday, March 18, 2020, Development Services is closed to the public to promote "Social Distancing" and safety for residents and staff in light of the current national and regional COVID-19 outbreak. Staff is still working and will conduct business online. Field inspections are being conducted until further notice.
The Planning Division has suspended the intake of new applications for a minimum two (2) week period, which is subject to change. Special Event and Garage Sale Permits have been suspended until further notice, in accordance with the Declared of State of Emergency from the Governor’s Office.
An online payment portal is currently being setup. It is anticipated that the portal will be available to go live in about a week to week and a half. Under the current Declared State of Emergency, the convenience fee will be passed onto the applicant/customer. As an alternative option, Applicants may continue to mail in payments by check.
Below are the contacts for various Development Services items.
Development Services Contacts
- Joseph M. Corradino, AICP, Director: email@example.com
- Michelle M. Lopez, Deputy Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- David G. Hennis, Assistant Director: email@example.com
- Jackie Maytan, Administrative Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning & Zoning Contacts
- Eddy Nuñez, Zoning Associate: email@example.com
- General questions related to the zoning code, comprehensive plan, zoning districts, land use designations, master plans.
- Alessandra Alvarez, Planning & Zoning Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General questions related to the administrative and public hearings, public records, and entitlements.
- Cathy Milford, Business Licensing: email@example.com
- Matters related to obtaining a Business Tax Receipt, transfers, existing businesses.
- Ericka Bourraine, Cost Recovery/Business Licensing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inquiries related to public heading cost recovery accounts and business licensing.
Economic Development Contacts
- Ana San Roman, Economic Development: email@example.com
Building Services Contacts
- Building permit submittals - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electrical permit submittals – email@example.com
- Plumbing permit submittals – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mechanical permit submittals – email@example.com
- Roofing permit submittals – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plans status – email@example.com
- Inspection status – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Certificates or Temporary Certificates of Completion or Occupancy - email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- 40 year recertifications – email@example.com
- Public Record Requests – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open permit searches – email@example.com
- General permitting or inspection questions -firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Additional Contact Information
- Building Official, Linda S. Blanco, CBO, CFM: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chief Building Inspector, Gladys Salas, P.E.: email@example.com
- Chief Electrical Inspector, Yasser Duran: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be processing applications electronically and offering limited drop off/pick up available Monday through Friday from 10:00am to 12:00pm. You can FedEx, UPS or mail in payment checks to:
City of Homestead, Building Permits, 100 Civic Court Homestead, FL 333030
We are working on an online payment portal and we will provide an update when it becomes available.
As of March 27, 2020 inspections are ongoing.