Red Light Cameras
As of December 24, 2017, the City of Homestead discontinued its Red Light Camera Program and will no longer be issuing citations from the program. If you received a Notice of Violation prior to December 24, 2017, you should still follow the instructions below.
What To Do If You Receive a Notice of Violation
Why did I receive this Notice of Violation?
Based upon images captured by a red-light safety camera system and then reviewed by local law enforcement, your vehicle was determined to have committed a red-light violation. As the vehicle owner, the Notice of Violation (NOV) is mailed to you. View a sample Notice here.
How much is the fine?
The civil penalty for this traffic infraction is $158.00 if the violator pays within sixty (60) days of the postmark date of the NOV. No points will be assessed against your driving record as a result of this infraction.
What are my options?
Pay the fine
- Pay Online. Logon to www.ViolationInfo.com by entering your Notice number and PIN number shown in the red box on the front right of your Notice. Click the Pay button. There is a convenience fee of up to 5% of the total fine amount that will be assessed at the time of payment.
- Pay by Mail. Mail your check or money order, payable to Automated Traffic Control Violation System, in the enclosed envelope along with the coupon printed at the bottom of the notice. Write the Notice number and the license plate number on your check or money order. Do not mail cash. The mailing address is:
City of Homestead, Florida
Payment Processing Center
PO Box 742503
Cincinnati, Oh 45274-2503
- Pay by Credit Card. Call toll free 1-866-790-4111 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. There is a convenience fee of up to 5% of the total fine amount that will be assessed at the time of payment.
Request a Hearing
- You may request a hearing in writing within sixty (60) days of the postmark date of the NOV. A Hearing Request Form will be included with the Notice of Violation. The form can be found at www.ViolationInfo.com. Complete the form and mail it to:
Homestead Police DepartmentDangerous Intersection Safety Program45 NW 1st AvenueHomestead, FL 33030
Submit an Affidavit of Non-Responsibility.
- You may submit an Affidavit of Non-Responsibility if your vehicle was sold or stolen, or in the care of another individual. If the vehicle was in the care, custody or control of another person, the Affidavit must be notarized. You may obtain an Affidavit of Non-Responsibility by visiting www.ViolationInfo.com. This Affidavit must be filled out accurately and in its entirety and presented at the time of your hearing.
What if I was not the driver/owner of the vehicle at the time of the violation?
You may request a hearing and submit an Affidavit of Non-Responsibility by mail. The Affidavit must be filled out accurately and in its entirety. You may obtain this form either by downloading and printing the form from www.ViolationInfo.com or visiting the Homestead Police Headquarters located at 45 NW 1st Avenue, Homestead, FL 33030, in person. Bring the completed form with you on your hearing date.
What happens if I ignore the Notice of Violation?
Failure to pay the civil penalty, to request a hearing, or to contest liability prior to the due date on the Notice of Violation will result in the issuance of a Uniform Traffic Citation.
Have Additional Questions about your Notice of Violation?
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service toll free at 1-866-225-8875.
What Company Provides the Red-Light Safety Camera Program in Homestead?
The City of Homestead contracted with American Traffic Solutions Inc. (ATS), which provides red-light and speed camera enforcement programs for more than 300 communities across North America. More information about ATS is available at www.atsol.com.