Councilman Larry Roth
Current & Previous Experience
Councilman Larry Roth was first elected to the City Council in November 2015. He currently serves as Councilman for Council Seat #3 for a four-year term.
Boards & Committees
- South Dade Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- PATCHES Steering Committee
- President, Co-founder of This is for The Kids, Inc. 501 (c) 3
- PATCHES Advisory Board 2008-2012.
- South Dade Chamber of Commerce Special Events Committee Chairman 2009-2014.
- YMCA Board of Director, Homestead 2017
- 2nd Vice President, Homestead Women's Club 2018
- Chairman, YMCA Board of Directors Homestead 2019
Awards & Accomplishments
- PTSA support 1993
- Police Officer Assistance Trust 1993
- Start Off smart (S.O.S) Plaque 1994
- ABWA Boss Associate of year 1995
- Police Officer Assistance Trust 1996
- South Dade Chamber of Commerce "Volunteer Of The Year" 2003, 2010
- December 17, 2009 Proclaimed “Larry Roth Day” by the City of Homestead
- South Dade Chamber of Commerce "Citizen Of The Year" 2009
- Recognition from WeCare of South Dade for donation 2010
- Certificate of Recognition from the City of Homestead for This Is For The Kids, Inc., The Homestead Rock'n Rib Fest 2013
- Certificate of Congratulations from the City of Homestead for the Chili Cook Off 2013
- Finalist, WeCare of South Dade “Outstanding Volunteer Award” 2015
- "Act Of Kindness Award" presented by Homestead Councilwoman Judy Waldman 2015
- Organizer of This is for the Kids, Inc. Shop with a Cop Program 2015-2018
- First Male Member of the Homestead's Women's Club 2017
- Marine Corps League "Distinguished Citizen Award" 2018
Councilman Roth grew up in what was once called Perrine and is now known as Palmetto Bay. He first came to Homestead in 1990 when he worked as a store manager at Spec's Music. Going through Hurricane Andrew in 1992, Councilman Roth saw Homestead’s community spirit and fell in love. Since then, he has been serving Homestead’s residents as a private citizen and now as a Councilman. In 1993 he reopened a local landmark restaurant, and in 1999 he started working as a local real estate agent with the Keyes Company where he still works today. Councilman Roth is also a co-founder of This Is For The Kids, Inc.—a fundraising charity which supports other children’s charities in the area.
Other Elected Officials
View other details on the public elected officials serving the City of Homestead.